Re: [Computerbank] RE: [cai-vic] Policy stick is out

Hello again,

> What policies (if any) are missing from the GNU Volunteers Guide (actually,
> come to think of it, what does GNU strictly mean?

Hmmm...well i guess in this context it is used as it sounds. However the real
meaning is recursive; GNU's Not Unix. Its also an animal.

The GNU part will probably go because many people may "diss" using that
reference because it is "holy" or somesuch. :) What do people think? Should
it change?

> i couldn't find policy statements for Acceptablity, Sharing (outside of the
> GPL context) or Rudeness (as apposed to discrimination and harrassment).
> While i'm at it, do we have a running definition of Safe and Supportive
> Environment?

Okay we have our internal Vic policies on the Intranet. We are going to be
finally unvieling that soon with the help of Zope. :)

In the meantime I will email them to you.

> Are the Reasonable Expectations of Volunteers comprehensively addressed by
> the charter / GNU Volunteers Guide?

Probably not comprehensively enough.

Hmmm...and then you might have to start making exceptions for those folk who
spend *unrealistic* amounts of time doing stuff. I'm sure there are many of
us who can relate to this (or have in the past).    :)

I'd say our regular volunteer is a different category to management-types
(but it shoudnt be) in terms of amount of work / volunteering performed.

> Also, while i realise you're talking about victorian WFTD personnel, i'd
> greatly appreciate any advice and/or assistance you might give the rest of
> us on the reporting of neglect with regard to OH&S and policy.

As in how we are going to administer a warning system thing? Or um?

Today we started the new "daily heath and safety hazard inspection" during
WFD program.

We also conducted another OH&S Audit and formulated an action plan to rectify
immediate issues.

Cheers,

Kylie

---