Re: [Computerbank] [Fwd: [cai-vic] Policy stick is out]

> Kylie, the GNU Volunteers Guide you very specifically addressed as a
> Victoran Document - it seems to me we have to ensure National policies?

For some things, yes. Branches need autonomy.

> Perhaps, and I have been looking to no avail, you could again take some
> time and with your knack for such, kindly point me towards the NATIONAL
> policies the Committee is supposed to be enforcing?

The one you are quoting back - the one that appeared as an email - is
National Stuff.

> If there is only the Vic guide, while it good for Vic, its certainly not
> meeting the requirements for NATIONAL versions!

OH&S is a National Issue - because it is a legislative requirement. That is
in the volunteer guide - yes.

> > Provide appropriate public liability and personal/volunteer accident

Speaking of which - this has gone up considerably - it is now $1237.50 for
public liability and $88 for personal accident and insurance (inc GST). This
cost is a National Cost because it covers all branches. It is a National
responsibility.

> > insurance coverage and other protections as required
> > Formulate By-laws, policies and procedures for operation of the
> > organisation Maintain accurate records
> > Set guidelines for publicity
> > Obtain funding and other resources, including donations
> > Recruitment of volunteers
>
> Is this a NATIONAL thing or STATE??

This is National stuff. :) Yes State is involved in recruitment of
volunteers, but national has a role to lay in the facilitation of publicity
to recruit volunteers (this would be in consultation with state groups).

> > State Affiliates that have signed the Computerbank 'Charter for
> > Affiliates' are bound by the same obligations as State Branches.
>
> Which is in draft - the one you posted in email format is of course the now
> defunct initial draft. Would you like me to repost to you the location of
> the one currently under discussion? We talked about it last Committee
> meeting:)

I have it. But hey, everyone ought to be able to see it. Can we have the url?
Maybe others can suggest things that we may have forgotten or overlooked?

> > Office Bearers and Committee Members Job Descriptions
>
> good time for all to see these!!!

Aye aye.

> Now, where are these posted on the CAI website? If they arent, why not?:)

They were there once before, and were taken down. I will aim to put it all up
in a matter of days.

Cheers,

Kylie

---