[Computerbank] AGM Agenda and general info (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:56:01 +1100 (EST)
From: Da Moose <moose@artificial-stupidity.net>
To: computerbank@computerbank.org.au
Subject: AGM Agenda and general info

Hi all

Well it's that time of year again and for me this the last task before I
finish as secretary.

I've been a pretty poor one this year and probably should have resigned
after last years illegal AGM and the negative impact it has had on my
involvement and attitude towards CAI.

I should also mention that there really hasn't been much for the Sec to do
this year as there haven't really been any meetings.

So far there has been only one official nomination sent to
me so it looks as though there will only be a presidential election. Dan
Treacy from NSW is the only valid nomination.
Under rule 21.3 if there are vacancies on the committee they can be filled
by appointments until the next AGM

In our constitution there is no provision for nominations from the
floor. Rule 22 says that nominations must be in writing to the Sec 7 days
before the AGM.

The Agenda for the meeting is as follows

Welcome
MInutes of Previous meeting ( on website goto Document Repository - Nov
2002 )

Presidents Report

Auditors/Treasurers Report

Appointment of Auditor for 2004

Current Committee stand down

Chairperson conducts election of Office Bearers and Ordinary Committee
people

Welcome new committee

I hope that this will be a speedy meeting. We are unable to conduct any
business as there have been no motions sent to me either.

Please remember that proxies need to be in by tomorrow.

NB anyone who has previously been accepted as a member and has renewed
their membership doesn't nee to have said membership ratified.

That's about all from me

Lets have a constitutionally correct AGM this year

Pen :)))