Changes for TURN triggers

Hi,

I'm currently pondering some changes to how the TURN trigger
works, and I thought I'd give you mappers a bit of a head
start.

Right now you can pass the turn number as the only parameter.
That means the event is triggered when the event owner's turn
starts. There is currently no way to have something triggered
on the other player's phase, e.g. you couldn't create a unit
for player 2 at the beginning of the turn (in player 1's phase).

One example where this actually goes wrong is the Cleansweep
(aka Manhunt) map Marcus has posted. The blue reinforcements
arrive on turn 10 at the beginning of the blue player's phase.
This is also the time when the message event should be fired
that informs the yellow player of the new units. This would
cause the message to be queued in the turn history buffer and
displayed during the replay at the yellow player's next
phase.

Instead, the way it currently works, this message is only
triggered on the yellow player's phase, i.e. at the
beginning of turn 11, but after the replay has been
finished. So first you can witness a horde of enemies
appearing out of nowhere and ripping your troops to
mincemeat, and afterwards, when the replay is over, you
actually get to know what happened. The same problem also
applies to the mission briefings. As player 2 you get to
see the replay of turn 1 even before being told what
you're supposed to do. That's not really the way it
should work.

Everyone sufficiently confused yet?

Therefore I'm planning to add an additional parameter
for setting the phase in which the event should fire.

Hope you like that idea as much as I do.

Cheers,
Jens