Re: I'm back

On Saturday 14 August 2004 05:27 pm, Dave Fancella wrote:
> I'm back, what did I miss?  ;)

Oh boy, looks like I missed a lot.  ;(

Campaign story questions:

1.  Do we have branching of any sort yet?  Are we going to have it ever?  ;)
2.  Anyone care to draw up a map of the region?
3.  Major objectives?  I would assume each map would have some sort of
strategic objective, so perhaps a map of the region is needed pretty quickly
so those can be seen.  ;)
4.  What sorts of things does the game already provide that make good story
elements?  Like, if you take a neutral depot, you discover there's a rebel
faction there and they join you so they can escape, and then later on in the
campaign you win a pretty pitched battle, and the main body of that faction
joins FNA.  That sort of thing.  So, in this example, Kand shouldn't be able
to take the neutral depot, because it's occupied by a rebel faction.
5.  On the subject of rebel factions, is there a way we can have an AI
controlling a third force on the field?  That would open up story options
significantly (mercenary forces could join either side when contact is
reached, maps that previously had isolated Kand units in the region could
introduce them as a separate AI).

As usual, I'm probably groping for stuff that isn't there yet.  ;)  I'll take
a crack at this pretty soon, I think.

On a different subject, is there a way to make the game keep track of how long
each scenario takes?  Like at the completion of each scenario, just dump the
actual time taken to play it in a log file, and then we can all share log
files?  What I'm after is that in order to craft a soundtrack for a given
scenario, it would be extremely helpful to know what the average and extreme
lengths of playtime are for the map.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

We have phasers, I vote we blast 'em!
		-- Bailey, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.2