Re: Campaign Story

> Hmm, not sure about the setbacks, but you probably don't want to have the
> story later on tell the player that battle wasn't important after all.  ;)
>
> Better to have the player start the map knowing what he's up against then
> tell him later on "Oh yeah, that map you did such a job on?  Doesn't
> matter
> at all, don't know why you even played it".  ;)
>
> I'm not really sure how to make setbacks happen for a player that has to
> literally win each map to play the next.  On the other hand, allowing for
> one
> side or the other to win each map either takes us back into branching
> campaign stories, or finds us with some maps that just plain don't make
> sense
> in the story.

Well, you could have one act, where the FNA is trying to capture a sector
with a city or HQ where they expect to find technology or some top secret
information. But after capturing it, they don't find anything. And all the
troops, they spent in the search were missing on the frontline, where the
Empire therefore has made advance.