Re: Welcome

Jens Granseuer wrote:

-That brings me onto my next point... What about using the flexible scale of Crimson Fields instead of it being in the "tradition of Battle Isle"*? Could it be used more as an "engine" for tactical war-games than just the
Nexus vs. Kand campaign? What about being able to raid a building as SWAT
policemen to save hostages, with each hex being a soldier (even if gives it more of an RPG feel with this scale but hey, that's not to bad since you must treat your soldiers as children) and the games would be on smaller maps... to more "epic" scale fighting with Star-Wars-rip-off space battles (even recreate the actual Death Star battle?)... to, who knows, the Riders of Rohan charging into hordes of orcs in a Lord Of The Rings map or a medieval-era carnage?

To a certain extent this is already possible. The approaches so far haven't
been as radical as your SWAT setting but Alan has posted the beginnings of a
Roman set a few weeks ago, and I have a mostly complete set of units for WW1
lying around.
Hi Jens, just letting you know I'm still on the list, sorry I haven't posted anymore Roman's recently (My PC caught fire and I'm back on my old AMD K6 400 :( but with the new 2.6. Kernel its chugging along ok) I'll try and get those changes to you for the differnt tile mappings too for terrain... though I'm afraid I won't make it for the 0.4.4 release, you guys sure move fast on this project ! :)
P.S. the new Campaign you have shaping up is looking great.