Re: Level "ThreeMountain"(maybe)

FlashFashion wrote:

Jens Granseuer wrote:

On 26.07.2004 21:11, FlashFashion wrote:

an playable version has been released,
you could try this mission if you like to, finally :p

Ok, I've played and beaten the map twice now, and this is
what I have found:

First of all, there's way too many bunkers. That's not
the main problem, however. Actually, there are two major
issues IMO. The little space the player starts in is too
much of a stronghold. It is a very good defensive position,
the result being that my only casualty in my first attempt
was one of the infantry units; in the second it was a fighter.
And I'm pretty confident I could have prevented these losses
if I had been a little more careful.

I have to agree, I have played it myself and luckly no unit is lost,
all the enemy are doomed at where the player started.

So, I'd say it must be made easier to assault the player's
starting position. This may well mean you also have to give
the player more troops.

It is true, while 24 against 8x, there is few hope you know : \

On to the second major problem, which is not completely
unrelated to the first one. The map is 25x40, but 95% of
the action happens in the lower right 20x10. When you finally
cross the first mountain range there are no enemies left
(except for the bunkers, of course). Probably the best way
to improve the situation is to add another yellow pocket (or
even two) somewhere else on the map. This may also force the
player to move out of his stronghold to prevent parts of his
army being sandwiched.

This is a good idea to solve the problem.
I will do it later, because I have to pay the computex an visit tomorrow,
and go to somewhere 150kms far away the day after tomorrow.

That's it for now.

Thanks, that would be very helpful.

Hello,

I have redesigned the map, although the tiles are almost the same,
the unit laying is different, which make this an entirely different mission.

And I suggest this kind of story:
[Start Here]
[after last compaion which is to take the rail hunger]

After the rail hunger is taken by us, our front side
squarden is now deep inside the territory of the empire,
and, we are surrounded. We have to send the information
we have gathered in the rail hunger, however, due to the
radio interference by the empire army, our headquarter
have no way to know what is going on here, and, there is
no possibility we can send the information out.

Your mission is to take the Radar Station, shut it down,
them we could have our communiction back online, and have
our job done.

Remember, there are troops coming here.
[End Here]

And, this map is made under 044pre1 with comet only.

Brain @ TW