Re: Level "ThreeMountain"(maybe)

Jens Granseuer wrote:

On 20.08.2004 16:30, FlashFashion wrote:

FlashFashion wrote:
I have redesigned the map, although the tiles are almost the same,
the unit laying is different, which make this an entirely different mission.

Finally got around to writing my thoughts down:

* The Rail Factory is still too easily defended. You can block the
two bridges with a tank and some scouts each, and guard the rails
with the train (especially since it's already quite experienced), and
no infantry is ever going to get across.
Ok, I will think about it.

* The yellow detachment at the center of the map is too strong (or
the attackers too weak). Not very much, though. Replacing one artillery
by a few tanks could already do the trick. I think it would be
interesting if the pressure was high enough that they had to retreat
to the Mine Research Base, but as it is they can simply stay where
they are and fend off the attackers until there are no more.
But this way yellow player would have the blue side have enough time
to bring the "incoming" reinforcement to the front line, at a size of about
20 units, from turn 1 to turn 12. Maybe I would have to make the trip a
little shorter to make it build an "pressure" : )

And, I have add two medium tanks in "Airport" and in "Gate Keeper"
one Infantry in "Mine Research Base".

* Both players have (next to) no crystals for repairs. Don't know
if that was intended but I don't like it too much.
Oh, not intended, BTW I found that the getting repaired works well
only when one side is outnumbered, because heading back to a
base to get repaired would take 5 to 10 turns in many cases, and
when they come back, the battle at the front line could be ended if
both side come with equivent power.

* Both players have quite a number of AA guns. What for? I
managed to get exactly one shot off before there were no targets
left to shoot at...
Oh, that is a mistake, will be corrected.

* The railroad at the bottom of the map is pretty much
useless. Blue is really weak down there even without the
heavy support, and once they are wiped out you cannot
use the trains for anything.
To defend the reinforcement of the blue side fron the north?
I don`t know, like "I don`t know what it could do, but it is there."

And I suggest this kind of story:
[after last compaion which is to take the rail hunger]
After the rail hunger is taken by us, our front side
squarden is now deep inside the territory of the empire,
and, we are surrounded. We have to send the information
we have gathered in the rail hunger, however, due to the
radio interference by the empire army, our headquarter
have no way to know what is going on here, and, there is
no possibility we can send the information out.
Your mission is to take the Radar Station, shut it down,
them we could have our communiction back online, and have
our job done.
While the general idea is ok the story still needs work.
What kind of information did they find, and why is it important
that it gets transmitted quickly? What kind of important
documents would you find in a rail hangar, anyway (btw, doesn't
a hangar imply aircraft?). And your radar should be a jamming
station, but that's nitpicking right now.
Maybe information from the Free Nexus spy in the Empire? Before
getting caught, he put the information he gas gathered in the rail
dock.

I suppose that the blue army nearby is heading here and no more
yellow reinforcement is available, in other words, they have to retreat
before being entirely surrounded (being heavily out numbered, they
could be destroyed).

And about radar station instead of jamming station, it is because I
think modern radar station would have the capability to do something
like ECM or ECCM, ECCCM, ECCCCM..... doesn`t they?

About hunger implying aircraft... it is because I have no idea how to
describe this: http://www001.upp.so-net.ne.jp/noz/depot/ce_dept_3.html

The new version would be sent later when completed.

Brain @ TW

PChome交友~~幸福天天有 \*^o^*//
http://love.pchome.com.tw/