Re: AW: Network game

Should we consider creating a platform class to create platform specific functionality.  I have used that approach professionally before and it seems to do a good job of abstracting platform specific stuff from the main code.

On 12/19/06, Dave Fancella <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 19 December 2006 2:47 am, Nikola Smolenski wrote:

> > >Would be possible even without threads. We could for example have a
> >
> > timer which checks for data on the network connection in a regular base.
> >
> > Even timers are very platform specific. :-(
>
> How about using the timer only on platforms which support them? It seems to
> me that this is something which should be easy to turn on or off with
> #ifdefs.

Timer doesn't need millisecond resolution...  (yeah, I know, that doesn't
solve the timer problem, it just changes it to a series of #ifdefs looking
for the platform's function for getting a system time)

Dave

--
Tanks for your Support
Pat O'Hara