Re: Mountains for default tileset

On 18.02.2005 20:57, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> I added some of my mountains to the default tileset.
> The bitmap and the patched default.tsrc file are attached.

A few comments:

The new mountains don't blend very well with the old ones
(or not at all), so you should replace all of them.

I still think the 4-tile mountain looks odd. Have you tried
expanding the snow cap a bit?

You should also try to add a few ridges and crevices to
your mountains. They currently look very smooth. In fact,
especially the single hex version almost makes a suitable
hill (minus the snowy top and a little less steep). The
brown color also adds to that impression. Have you tried
with gray instead? It would probably look more
mountain-like. Unfortunately, I can't experiment myself
right now, because I somehow managed to hose the gimp...

Jens