Re: compile problems

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 07:00:30PM +0100, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 2004.01.18 17:16, Torinthiel wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I've checked out a fresh
> > CVS copy of crimson, and tried to compile it. First problem was automake
> > not adding correct links to config.guess and config.sub, but I'm
> > advanced enough to deal with it ;)
>
> You're not the first one to point out similar problems with automake
> creating faulty links. Any ideas what causes these? I'm at a loss.

I haven't said it clear enough. It wasn't faulty links. It was no links.

> > Finally I was able to compile it (probably) correct, at least without
> > error messages, copying -DDISABLE_SOUND from cfed_CPPFLAGS to
> > AM_CPPFLAGS, so I take it it was all caused by the fact cfed_CPPFLAGS
> > didn't made it.
>
> If the cfed_CPPFLAGS are missing from the command line, that
> certainly explains the compile and link errors.
>
> > I'm using:
> > automake 1.6.3
>
> Can you check with a more recent automake? I'm using 1.7.9 myself.
> Works for me (TM).

Maybe, but not now. I would have to try and recompile the packages, as
my version of my distro doesn't have it. And a quick check indicates it
has some quite weird dependencies (i.e. all autotools depend on each
other). And I'm in a middle of exam session so I cannot look for it now.

> Note that you probably won't have much fun with current CVS anyway,
> as it is very much in a state of flux and a few important files
> are still missing (ok, if I get kicked hard enough I might manage
> to check in a preliminary version to get it working again at least),
> but resolving those compile problems before the next release would
> be nice either way.

Then I have two reasons to wait ;)
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)wp(dot)pl