Re: Documentation about Crimson Architecture?

Hi Jens,

On Fr, 2005-01-07 at 17:29 +0000, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 07.01.2005 13:37, Matthias Grimm wrote:
>
> Hi, welcome, and thanks for the praise.

Take my praise too for this fine game!

Matthias and I am working (and fighting) together (against) when it
comes to contributions, so I set up this answer.

> > I think Crimson is at the same stage Battle Isle One was. I would like
> > to see all the features in Crimson that makes Battle Isle II so unique.
>
> As I barely know BI2 myself I'm not sure how to respond to that ;-)

He misses the regard of different heights for units. Now you can not fly
over your own units (or drive underneath). He is apparently in the fear
of loosing his copters in our current fight :-)

> Unfortunately, no, there is currently no design document but if you like
> I can give you a short tour of the most important parts (though that'll

That would be a great thing. Perhaps adding a few words about in what
direction do you want to go technically (features and such) with the
engine.

> have to wait for tomorrow). As the coding part of CF has be almost
> exclusively a one-man effort it hasn't been needed (although some might
> argue this attitude is causing kind of a chicken-and-egg problem...) and
> as documenting stuff consumes precious time I've always found other "more
> urgent" matters to spend mine on.

I know this little problem :-)

Regards, Sascha.