Re: Tutorial campaign

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 02:08:03PM +0100, The Fox wrote:
> I completed the mission texts as proposed. Please proofread, correct
> and/or alter them wherever you deem necessary. After that I will
> translate them.

Well, I have a few remarks:
- I think the common word used is 'hex', not 'hexagon'. While I think
it's correct, I'd like the more common form introduced.
- The text 'To practice attacking...' suggests IMHO that opponent has
placed the mine to let HIMSELF practice attacking.
- In the first 'well done' message it's 'uselful', not useful.
(Those three are in the patch I send)

I'm not sure if I like the word 'opponent' here. It's supposed to be
a training mission, so there's nothing wrong with 'we' (the course crew)
or training partners. But how opponents make it to controlled trainig
area?

Also the course of events kind of suggests that depots can be build
and/or destroyed, which isn't the case.

Next, the infantry unit could be placed a bit closer (maybe make a hole
in the mountains and suggest a paradrop). This way one doesn't get bored
to death moving the infantry unit whole map height (it takes some
turns).

Finally I'd like to see either mentioned something about battle results
or make player units more experienced. I think a first timer might be
a bit surprised when he ordered tanks to attack the mine and nothing
happens.  And this has happened to me more than once.

Oh, one more thing:
../tools/cfed "T1v2.src" --tiles ../tools/default.tiles --units ../tools/default.units -o "T1v2.lev"
Error: Map does not have a shop entrance at 17/12

Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl