Re: Requested feature: Remove unit event

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:28:33PM +0000, Jens Granseuer wrote:

> On 17.01.2005 00:21, The Fox wrote:
> > it would be perhaps useful to have the Remove unit event. Especially
> > in tutorial missions where we may want to remove units in progress of
> > a mission. Or in missions with multiple goals (first deliver a unit
> > safely to some location, then kill all enemy units -- the unit can be
> > removed after reaching its destination).
>
> Agreed. It's a little tricky, though. Currently, the 'Unit Destroyed'
> trigger assumes that a unit has been destroyed if it can't find it.
> We'd have to come up with a way to make it recognize units that have
> only been removed to avoid unwanted triggering of destruction events.

Just a wild idea: Wouldn't it be easier to remove any event triggered by
destruction of unit on removing of that unit? If it's possible (in the
code of 'remove unit' event, not a separate event to be programmed by
mapmaker) then it wouldn't require modifying much of existing code, as
you won't have to change triggering of 'unit destroyed'.
Torinthiel

--
 Waclaw "Torinthiel" Schiller       GG#: 542916, 3073512
   torinthiel(at)megapolis(dot)pl