Re: Tutorial campaign

> Well, I have a few remarks:
> - I think the common word used is 'hex', not 'hexagon'. While I
think
> it's correct, I'd like the more common form introduced.

Well, I don't know...

> - The text 'To practice attacking...' suggests IMHO that opponent
has
> placed the mine to let HIMSELF practice attacking.

This may be true, I didn't too much thought about the texts, I just
wrote briefing comprehensible by beginners and giving enough
information... Don't know, I'm open to any changes.

> - In the first 'well done' message it's 'uselful', not useful.

I was aware of that. Just a typo. I didn't post the whole mission just
because of this.

> (Those three are in the patch I send)

No, you don't ;-).

> I'm not sure if I like the word 'opponent' here. It's supposed to be
> a training mission, so there's nothing wrong with 'we' (the course
crew)
> or training partners. But how opponents make it to controlled
trainig
> area?

I created it as simulated mission, the enemy is the simulator. I'm not
sure if all texts follow this situation strictly enough but I tried to
write them so.

> Also the course of events kind of suggests that depots can be build
> and/or destroyed, which isn't the case.

I know :-). But the player doesn't have to know everything at once :-)
. And you as mapper can create similar course of events so that it
will be possible <G>. I intended to cover the depots, minerals,
mining, repairing and manufacturing units in another mission.

> Next, the infantry unit could be placed a bit closer (maybe make a
hole
> in the mountains and suggest a paradrop). This way one doesn't get
bored
> to death moving the infantry unit whole map height (it takes some
> turns).

Yeah, it's quite a long run. I will change the map a little (probably
tomorrow). In this briefing should be also mentioned something like
"you must hurry although difficult terrain slows you down greatly" to
stress the speed of movement on different terrains.

> Finally I'd like to see either mentioned something about battle
results
> or make player units more experienced. I think a first timer might
be
> a bit surprised when he ordered tanks to attack the mine and nothing
> happens.  And this has happened to me more than once.

You're right. I'll think over what should it be. I intended to cover
battle in detail in another mission (wedging, blocking, experience)
but there should be at least a note about this in the first mission.

> Oh, one more thing:
> ../tools/cfed "T1v2.src" --tiles ../tools/default.tiles
> --units ../tools/default.units
> -o "T1v2.lev"
> Error: Map does not have a shop entrance at 17/12

:-) The way to "compile" the map:

- change the number 27 (3 hexes from the right, 3 hexes from the
bottom) to some shop entrance (I change it to 0)
- cfed it
- open it in CoMET
- change the shop entrance to the constructed part of depot
- save and/or export it

It's a little bit inconvenient but I do it this way :-).

Andrej
RAMMSTEIN, 22.02.2005 o 20,00, Bratislava Incheba,
Info: 0904 666 363, http://www.xl.sk