Re: UI: Enhance impassable terrain/damage indicator display

On 29.06.2005 11:10, Marko Skofljanec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running CF 0.4.8 on win32 and find it very addictive!

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

> There are two issues in the GUI which need improvement.
>
> In the unit info dialog, the impassable terrain tiles are shown a bit
> darkend (bad contrast). A red cross or a red border on these tiles
> would enhance readability (for beginners).
>
> Same applies to the damage indicator dialog, where the damage taken
> is also shown as darkend tiles.

You're right about both of those, and I've been meaning to improve
them for quite some time. Truth of the matter however, is that I
haven't come up with a design that actually looks better, yet.

If you have some spare time and it's enough of an itch why not fire
up your favourite image editor and try to do an improved mockup?
The minute somebody proposes a better design, I'm going to put it in.
(Well, ok, maybe not the very same minute, but you get the idea...)

Jens