Re: cvs build

On 07.03.2004 23:10, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2004 05:57 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > > Running aclocal-1.8...
> > > aclocal: configure.ac: 41: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library

<blah blah install path blah blah>

> > but that doesn't help us much here) but the quick fix is to make a link to
> > sdl.m4 in /usr/local/share/aclocal-1.8.
>
> Did this, no workie either.  :(  Same errors, quoted again:
>
> tools/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> tools/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
> /usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL
> /usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL
> /usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in
> AM_CONDITIONAL

Urgs! I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong. automake seems to
have the same problems it has with the crimson scripts with its internal
ones, too, though, so I'd bet, er, a beer (if you ever happen to come by)
that your auto* setup is broken.

Is there a reason why you can't just dispose of that autotools stuff
completely and reinstall fresh copies in /usr? That's about the only
path we've not tried, yet, as far as I can see. I can even provide
RPM spec files for automake 1.8.2 and autoconf 2.59 if they are useful
to you. I put them together for my system, but both packages are simple
enough that I don't see why they shouldn't work on yours, too (although
it should be noted that I did not even try to make them work with
parallel installations of older versions).

Jens