Re: cvs build

On Monday 08 March 2004 05:15 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> Urgs! I have absolutely no idea what's going wrong. automake seems to
> have the same problems it has with the crimson scripts with its internal
> ones, too, though, so I'd bet, er, a beer (if you ever happen to come by)
> that your auto* setup is broken.

I don't know if you win this bet or not, but ...

> Is there a reason why you can't just dispose of that autotools stuff
> completely and reinstall fresh copies in /usr? That's about the only
> path we've not tried, yet, as far as I can see. I can even provide
> RPM spec files for automake 1.8.2 and autoconf 2.59 if they are useful
> to you. I put them together for my system, but both packages are simple
> enough that I don't see why they shouldn't work on yours, too (although
> it should be noted that I did not even try to make them work with
> parallel installations of older versions).

Did this and crimson is now compiling from cvs.  It's an older snapshot,
before 0.4.0, iirc.  I'll update and try it again in a little bit, so I can
test the fancy soundtrack stuff.  :)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it.
		-- Baskins