Here is the patch

I've added files, so patch doesn't seem to work (any pointers would be appreciated), so I'll post the entire tar.gz. My apologies.

By the way, I tried briefly to compile on a mandrake box, it seems that the same problem AC(SDL.. as mentioned earlier on the list is present here as well.
I suspect its a autotools-1.8 version thing. When I have a chance I'll try and fix it.

Just realized that I haven't tested out comet, it may be broken, I'm not sure..

Interesting note: in game.cpp, you change line 397 to mv->Enable(), it provides a more exciting AI play, showing all the possible moves -
as though the AI was playing at the keyboard, and clicking each unit, but there are problems with the event loop so YMMV.