Re: Developer Questions

To tell you the truth, I'm personally interested in an AI that can be plugged into parts of the user interface. For example, I'd like to have an automatic target selection, where if I forget to fire my artillery or if I forget to attack with a front-liner, the AI would go ahead and fire them for me. If the target selection is good enough, then I'd only have to focus on moving the pieces, which would be nice. :) (I'm lazy, so sue me)

Dave

Much of your problem can be fixed by a side bar of some sort (a la command and conquer):

1) it could show all the available units
2) it could shade out those that have already expanded their time allotment
3) it could even gage how much trouble the unit is ( bright color overlay, or flashing )

A simple ( or at least it seems simple ) trick might be to place a outline around the units which are attackable by the currently selected unit.