Re: campaign proposal

Quoting "Morton, Sean" <smorton@deerfield.edu>:
> The current missions could be pretty easily put into a coherent seccession of
> missions, but that can be later...
>
> Anywho, I regret to say that I haven't looked into the map system, but if no
> one has any objections, I would happily construct these maps, and any others
> afterward if the campaign system were to be implemented.

I think you have some great ideas here.  As for additions, I'd recommend sea
units and carriers (like a small IslandHoppers), railroads (are those
working?), terrain bonuses and penalties (movement and combat).

For some of the scenarios you mentioned, a quick question is whether these have
to be fun two player maps, or if it is OK for the maps to be easy for one side,
just to prove a point.  For example the artillary tutorial could be one
artillary on one island, and light tanks on another -- no hope for the tank to
win, but it would still prove a point for the player.

I, too, have little experience with the map maker.  I just ended up confused
last time I tried, but perhaps if I started on something small and focused I
could get the thing done.

Some questions:
 - What is the right size for these? Comet's minimum is 20x20.  Should this be
smaller, or is that about right?  I was kind of thinking of maps I wouldn't
have to scroll on my Zaurus...
 - Can units start out weakened?
 - Can units start out with higher ranks?

Pat.