Re: Here is the patch

On 09.03.2004 08:20, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> I've added files, so patch doesn't seem to work (any pointers would be
> appreciated), so I'll post the entire tar.gz. My apologies.

It doesn't build for me. It fails at link time with

g++  -O2 -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT   -o crimson  aiselector.o aistock.o ai.o building.o combat.o container.o event.o game.o history.o initwindow.o main.o map.o mapwindow.o mission.o path.o player.o unit.o unitwindow.o button.o extwindow.o fileio.o filewindow.o font.o hexsup.o lang.o list.o listselect.o lset.o mapview.o mapwidget.o misc.o rect.o slider.o sound.o strutil.o surface.o textbox.o view.o widget.o window.o  -lz  -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer
aistock.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__tf7AIStock+0x16): In function `AIStock type_info function':
: undefined reference to `AI type_info function'
aistock.o(.gnu.linkonce.t.__tf7AIStock+0x1e): In function `AIStock type_info function':
: undefined reference to `AI type_info node'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This is with gcc 2.95.3.

I tried for an hour or so to fix it up, but to no avail. Strangely enough the errors look
slightly different sometimes. From my experience, the most likely reason for such errors
(which are a bitch to pin down, btw) is problems with includes and inlining, or
static/const breakage.

Sorry. Someone else had more luck?

Jens