Re: OSL vs Creative Commons

On Saturday 13 March 2004 05:32 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > So, from my point of view I'm not swayed to pick one over the other,
> > since it looks like it would be the same as picking sides in the Free
> > Software vs. Open Source blood feud, and I'm not picking sides in that.
> > So you guys will have to decide which you prefer for the soundtrack, and
> > I'll go with that. It's not that big of a deal to me.  ;)
>
> Considering all this is there a reason we can't just pick GPL for
> everything and leave it at that? There are lots of projects out there
> (including Crimson Fields, up to now) which also put the content under GPL
> and I can't see any obvious reason why they shouldn't. Is there?

Yeah.  :)  We already know that the GPL isn't strong for anything that's not
software.  We don't really know that it's strong for software, but most of it
doesn't even apply to non-software, which is why there's other licenses that
incarnate the same philosophy but apply to other stuff.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

Hear about the Californian terrorist that tried to blow up a bus?
Burned his lips on the exhaust pipe.