Re: Polish translation update & some comments

On 20.11.2006 13:59, Torinthiel wrote:
> Attached are patches for locale/pl.tmpl (syncing and improve some
> translations), levels/ClippedWings.src and a general patch to some
> levels (some fixes, more uniformity).

Thanks for the updates, and for testing!

> As for network mode, I could only test it via loopback (two crimsons
> launched communicating with each other), but it shouldn't change much.

That's exactly what I did.

> Anyway, here are my opinions (not in any particular order):
> 1. It's great.

:-)

> 2. When I finish game, the client shows normal map selection, not grayed
>    out like it should.

Fixed.

> 3. Sides are fixed. Server is always FNA. This can cause problems if
>    only one player can create server (ex. the other one has private IP,
>    is behind firewall/NAT).

Hm, ok, I'll check how much effort it would be to change that.

> 4. More than once I've clicked/pressed Enter when waiting for remote
>    player, thus exiting and breaking the game. I'd like some
>    confirmation dialog there.

I agree here. However, I was wondering if we need the button at all.
Or maybe just don't make it activate on Return? I'm not sure about this
one, except that it needs to change.

> 5. When one player stops, exiting the game, the other player's binary
>    crashes[1]. Maybe sending some package with 'I've just exited, don't
>    bother listening more from me' would help

I haven't been able to reproduce this crash. What exactly is the sequence
leading to it? When do you exit? Who does (client/server)? Could you maybe
get me a gdb backtrace?

> 6. There's an untranslated message 'Waiting for client...', when
>    awaiting connection. In Polish it should be 'Czekanie na drugiego
>    gracza...', no special characters needed (and so no patch from me
>    required ;)

There were actually two untranslated messages. Fixed in CVS, but you'll
have to take another look ;-)

Thanks again,
Jens