Re: Eww, why use a Mailing_List, rather than a forum?

Hi George,

Everyone will testify that I'm not the most active member on this
mailing list so feel free to take what I say with a pinch of salt.

What you suggest about using a forum is a good idea.
True, mailing lists were around before forums because they used
technology (email systems) that was already around at the time. True,
mailing lists can send people trojans, viruses and other bad things.
Equally true though is that the forums need to be monitored ideally
24/7 to avoid legal disputes. People can also quite easily post URLs
in a forum which download keyloggers, trojans and other "baaaaaadd"
things.

Suffice to say they both have their good and bad points and if you
feel a forum is needed, feel free to make one.

On another note though, although you make some good points, I think
your method of delivery could be improved a bit.
Insulting someone's work or way of doing things is not a good way to
get them to listen to you. It will more often make them hostile to you
and make them ignore you, even if what you say is true.

It might have been better if you had just asked whether no one had
thought of using a forum before...

I'm sure that everyone will be happy to listen to what you say if you
say it in a way that will make people want to listen to you.

Welcome to the CF mailing list!

Adam