Re: First ES translation patch and something else

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 04:42, Nikola Smolenski <smolensk@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ernesto Domato wrote:
>>
>> I'll send the patches for the levels. The second patch is optional and
>> it implements the functionality that if you start the game for the
>> first time, so the configuration file doesn't exists yet, it display
>> the "Language Selection" windows so you can choose with language you
>> want to use. I did this because at least in my country is usual that
>
> For another game I made (never implemented) a patch that reads the
> system locale, perhaps that would be even better. I could adapt it for
> CF if Jens approves.

Yeah, I know that. Did you do it cross-platform?, because I have no
experience programming for other platform other than Linux and I'd
like to see how you managed it. Maybe we could make an hybrid that if
no locale is defined on the configuration file it tries to get it from
the system locale and if that fails too, it could use my approach.

For example, I see a problem on the GP2X (I have one) were you don't
configure a locale but as it runs Linux, I guess that the system
locale will always be english. In this case the hybrid approach will
probably fail too.

Ernesto.