Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

hi !

Christophe wrote:
> > >and i won't give up this pleasure ;-)
> > >i would be very interested to see how such a parallel langage could
> > >be transformed into a sequential code.
> > >At least, the parallelism issues will disappear.
> > >The overload functions provide the user with transparent means
> > >to apply their algorithms on different data types.
> > >The event-driven model makes some more things easier (like
> > >the way functions are synchronised).
> > >I like these ideas :-)
> > >I don't want to use the ADA model verbatim, however.
> >
> > Yes, don't give up the parallel view. It is superior. ;-)

i think we understand each other :o)

> Parallel execution is non-sense for uniprocessor and even multi-processor (each
> of them executes one sequential code). So I don't see the point.
i don't have the courage to prove the contrary tonight.
Maybe you will see the point if you do more application programming
and see that the reason why computers are so slow is because they are so
inherently serialised. A "parallel" langage has the purpose of showing
what is independent from what, it doesn't force you to use a parallel machine.
and multithread support if an old issue in the OS community. C does not
expose enough parallelism and requires explicit stuff which makes heavier.

> But I aggree that C language is more and more misadapted for modern
> microprocessors so that we should use a lot of trick too much.
we live in difficult times...

> > >but it's an oooooold langage :-( and it's not adapted
> > >to today's computers...
> > You are working with oooooold operating systems BTW.
> > U**X is nearly as old as I am :-( but still superior
> > to MS.
> Yeah, the trouble is that the only OS which could be an alternative to MS is
> U**X which is a very ooooooooold concept.
old but rather good, because this model evolved and scaled rather well.
unlike C.

WHYGEE