Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL interface

On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 05:44:30AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:

> i've taken a short look at your FLEX+BISON file and it looks
> interesting. However, i wonder ... what about those who
> work under Win/Dos ? The remark also applies to your scripts.
> Btw, the idea of the scripts is not bad because it spares
> us one compilation run.

The scripts will also run on Win32 (if you have bash installed ;).

The problem with them is that they do not check the syntax.  That *may*
introduce Big Bad Bugs (tm).  The parser avoids that because all
expressions have to be syntactically correct in the input.  Please let's
not follow Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: "Never test
for an error condition you don't know how to handle."

I can try to make a win32 .EXE (using LCC or CYGWIN).