Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL interface

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2001 at 05:44:30AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
>
> > i've taken a short look at your FLEX+BISON file and it looks
> > interesting. However, i wonder ... what about those who
> > work under Win/Dos ? The remark also applies to your scripts.
> > Btw, the idea of the scripts is not bad because it spares
> > us one compilation run.
>
> The scripts will also run on Win32 (if you have bash installed ;).
>
> The problem with them is that they do not check the syntax.  That *may*
> introduce Big Bad Bugs (tm).  The parser avoids that because all
> expressions have to be syntactically correct in the input.  Please let's
> not follow Steinbach's Guideline for Systems Programming: "Never test
> for an error condition you don't know how to handle."
>
> I can try to make a win32 .EXE (using LCC or CYGWIN).
if you can do that, great !
i'll try to see if a DOS/16 .exe can be compiled, too.

i just woke up and have to digest all your interesting posts,
but concerning the assembler, i encourage you to reuse as much
as possible from the one found at htt://www.f-cpu.de/design/snapshot.tgz
it is a working assembler frame with bells and whistles,
modifying the (small) syntax should be really easy.

i have to integrate the configuration files that you have created,
so expect some small changes in the include hierarchy, but the rest
will be ok.

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE