Re: [f-cpu] Execution unit port

hi !

nicO wrote:
> Yann Guidon a écrit :
> > nicO wrote:
> > > I'm looking for the "usual" definition of the port of a unit :

<snip>

> > > Does i miss a signal ?
> > no, except for very special cases, it does the trick.
> > there's no magic :-)
>
> Yep, but we need something more precise. In that case, it will be much
> more easy to add or remove unit. Special case could became very boring
> to handel...

At this point, any "new" unit will be a "special case" because otherwise
the addition would not be justified :-)

It is fairly easy to "plug" the execution units to the necessary flags,
just draw a wire from the corresponding port to the "current instruction buffer"
and delay with the apropriate FF.

Concerning the addition/removal of the units, i have added
a special set of configuration lines in the m4 preprocessing
files. There is a file : f-cpu/configuration/f-cpu_user.m4
which contains all the user-modifiable definition (register
size, stepping, URL, etc.).
The user can select which units he wants implemented
by defining or not certain symbols.

> nicO
WHYGEE