Re: [f-cpu] Re: Floating-Point

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 03:23:50PM -0400, nicO wrote:
> Just one point about SIMD FP. I think that SIMD flag should means an
> others thing that for integer (no need for 8 bit).
> What about 16 32 64 128(80 ?) ? 4 differents precisions, the last don't
> need to be implemented in FC0.

The manual says:

	00	32-bit
	01	64-bit
	1x	unassigned

and the second one...

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 05:33:05PM -0400, nicO wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for the "usual" definition of the port of a unit :
>
> 3 data in,

Or less.

> 2 data out,

Or more.

> SIMD flag,

Make that `chunk size'; I use std_ulogic_vector(2 downto 0) for it.

> clk,
> enable or start,
> reset,
> something for the exception ?
>
> If there is something to say if the outed data is correct or not ?

Currently not; the scheduler should know.  But we can add a `here is
the result, take it or I'll throw it away in the next cycle' signal.

Something is missing: the lines that select the instruction to execute
(if the unit can handle more than one instruction).