[f-cpu] Re: your mail

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:58:01PM +0100, Cedric BAIL wrote:
> Hi
>
>  I think that it was not too obvious for the lsm in Bordeau.
> The idea is to have some conferences for newbee, but that's not all.

Does that mean you will manage the conferences?

> We can do some really technical discussion about some parts of the
> F-CPU like an LSU conference, IRQ, DMA or whatever you wan't
> about the F-CPU (software or hardware). Theses conference's topic
> can be some parts that are not actually decided and it can be a start
> for a finishing the manual ;-)
>  We must provide a list of conferences that will be done, and the
> number of people that could came.

a couple of random thoughts:
- is it worthwhile to call it "Free Hardware" instead of F-CPU and invite
  other projects as well? (I'm thinking about geda but there are certainly
  more)
- there have been a lot of discutions on the french mailing-list about
  creating a french association. I think it should be delayed after the LSM
  so that foreign developpers can be involved too.

>  I have started to write down an up to date manual, so I download
> the CVS... Well, it take too much time for my modem,

You should ask for an account on seul.org; they are _not_ on a modem link :)

> it's why I think
> that it could be a good idea to split the CVS in some module like :
> VHDL, manual, www-org, www-de, ... (if we are not alone on this CVS,

We are.

> we could add a f-cpu prefix). I think it would be more easy to maintain
> and we can assigne a maintainer for each part of the CVS's module so that

IMHO, I think it would slow down development; and cvs gives you the
oportunity to recreate the previous state of the file if you make mistakes.

> it could dynamise the use of the CVS. What do you thing about this idea ?

Just do it. Ask the cvs admin (Andreas Romeyke, IIRC) an account and then
update the file CVSROOT/modules

--
	Paul