Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Michael Riepe wrote:
> > How about a simple switch that enables/disables that balancing?
>
> It's not good to have too many switches. It makes the code less and less
> readable -- especially VHDL code (the language doesn't support conditional
> compilation well). But even in C, one should not use too many #defines.

Then there also is another way - Source generation. You tell
your tool which compiler you want to use and your sources
will be generated out of some meta-sources which contain the
switches. Since this peculiar balance switch is just needed
in the connection level and not in the functional blocks of
the design itself (correct me if I'm wrong here) it should be
possible to implement this type of preprocessing, e.g. some
"make balanced_trees" or "make no_trees_please". Comments?

JG