Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

Juergen Goeritz wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Ben Franchuk wrote:
> > Juergen Goeritz wrote:
> >
> > > Why? If you look at the design of man. You got one half
> > > of the brain working in top-down (analyze) and the other
> > > half in bottom-up (integrate). There has been a lot of
> > > experiments going on to get an idea how the brain works.
> > > If you don't use both halves you be nothing and hardly
> > > achieve anything. Okay, now I somehow got philosophical ;-)
> >
> > Lets not forget the brain is layered with primeval brains
> > handling the 'OS' kernel and user stuff more recently evolved.
> > The real difference (other than physical stuff) is the higher
> > degree of redundancy and re-programing in living things.
> > Byte magazine had a good bit on brains many years back.
>
> But is it a real bottom-up design by evolution
> - or did some whatever do a top-down design? :-)

It is both ... the primeval brains evolved bottom up, but each brain
works top down. If I remember this right,
you got the nervous system, then a fish brain,then
a mammal brain, then a primate brain, then a human brain.
( Some organs like the Eye/ears are extensions of the brain )
Brains are complex and just the latest FAD in evolution.
Who knows what next years model will be like?

--
Ben Franchuk - Dawn * 12/24 bit cpu *
www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/index.html