Re: [f-cpu] New EU_SHL Instruction

At 01:59 09.01.03 +0100, you wrote:
hi !

i don't remember the discussion about this, but there was some kind of inherent
limitation related to the index size ...
If we set that the size of the index equals the size of the chunk, that should be ok.
I faintly remember this discussion. Probably from 2000 or earlier. When the f-cpu list was still at yahoo!
<searching ... ... ... >

This discussion was in may 2000 .
And, as Michael Riepe has already said, if the smallest chunk size is 8 bits, this instruction is only useful up to 2048 bit wide registers

Hmm, reading the old posts is a little bit confusing...
Ok, the discussion jumped around between what Michael Riepe called permute now and another instruction, which would shuffle around chunks from TWO different source registers and stuff them in a destination register (a 3r1w instruction)

Thilo Reichelt