Re: [f-cpu] New EU_SHL Instruction

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 01:59:11AM +0100, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]

I do not remember an `sdup' instruction that uses three operands, nor
did I implement one. That would have been another logical extension;
but I guess that vperm is more useful. BTW: if you're satisfied with
an immediate operand, `svseli $n, r2, r1' will do what you want
(duplicate chunk <n> of r2).
it's not doing sdup completely. The 3rd register operand is useful to avoid a shift
in front of a "bare" sdup :
sdup r1, r2, r3
replaces
shiftr r1*8, r2, r2
sdup r2, r3

Implemented, with both register and immediate operand.
`vsel' is now a superset of `sdup'. Satisfied?

i guess so ;-)
but please keep an alias for sdup because i will not always remember
this "superset" thing :-)

YG

PS: i still think that "vsel" is not a cool name :-)