Re: [f-cpu] ongoing work

hi,

Ben Franchuk wrote:
> Yann Guidon wrote:
> > I called this side of the project the QDCPOC :
> > Quick and Dirty Proof Of Concept. it is a quickly
> > written thing that does not comply with all the
> > common standards, for examples a lot of constant
> > values are given by value, not by name etc...
>
>   Would it not be better to read data from external files
> and have the scheduler totally table driven.
the tables are ideally stored in external .h files.
At least, the opcodes are shared for the asm and simu.

Some other tables are necessary for the internal working
and they are neither large or complex. but i have
"hardcoded" a lot of things anyway, because i better
have something that works, rather than something
perfect that is never achieved.

> The same could go for
> the assembler too. I have found with my small 12 bit cpu's that
> every time I try out a new opcode layout that I have a good chunk
> of code to rewrite for my assembler and emulator.
FC0 has been stable for around 2 years now. This does not
mean anything but it lets me hope. and i said before that
the code i'm writing is not going to be the definitive package,
it's only some "prototype" from which to learn experiences,
and which illustrates a lot of concepts that would take hundreds
of pages to explain in the manual.

> > WHYGEE (who is not dead, as you see)
> Hey the GIF did send so I can't see.:-)
???