[f-cpu] little feed-back from the libre softawre meeting

Cedric, Whygee and i have travel to Bordeaux to assist to the libre
software meeting ( lsm.abul.org ). Lots of people from very differents
open/libre source word are comming.

It end tomorow. The following is a little feed-back from our discussion
with different people. (we don't know where is whygee so i send you
without his rereading)

---
Security point of view

  We have seen Frederic, pappy Raynal (main writter in MISC, french
  securities newspaper) and Bradley Spencer who write the grsecurity
patch.

  They propose :
     read, write, exec bit + at least 3 rings (super user + user +
     something like for library,...)

From Cedric thinks :
     we need 3 sr : to set or unset the tbl
      something to change the ring
      for vm writter we must enable or not the read
       access to sr(trap on read AND write)

From discussion with a Hurd guy (Neal Wafield)
     16 kb for a page is a little bit to much
     8 kb could be enough
     all new processor have between 5 to 11 page size !
     alpha handle an 8 bits fields for virtual area number (for tlb and
       caches) -> sw must avoid collusion.
     we should try to implement L4 (hurd main kernel) to verify the
       process management of the f-cpu

From my view,
     none polling thread barrer should be implemented (for tigh
     multithreaded application on multicpu)

Conclusion :
     implemented L4
     change specification of the tlb (no more the kind of caches use
     but an 8 bits fields)
     Looking for technics to handle different page size on the same
       memory for (tlb) to avoid the use of many independant memories

Hope this help. Comments ?

nicO and Cedric