Re: [f-cpu] C/VHDL code and fcpusim

--- Yann Guidon <whygee@f-cpu.org> wrote:
  - snip -
> the assembler could kill the computer if the
> allocation is
> not correctly done).
>
> Maybe i should concentrate on this now ?
> This would give you enough visibility on your code
i have no experience with flex or bison, so i don't
dare changing a lot. i'm not sure about the memory
problems, but the 3r1w and rop2 code should not be to
hard (?)

> > but useing the read port of an other unit could
> > work also.
> here, i don't understand.

turn this:

mov read port -> --stage ff-- --> move write port

asu read port -> --stage ff--
                 asu stage 1
                 --stage ff-- --> 1 cycle write port
                 asu stage 1
                 --stage ff-- --> 2 cycle write port

into:

asu read port -> --stage ff-- --> 0 cycle write port
                 asu stage 1
                 --stage ff-- --> 1 cycle write port
                 asu stage 1
                 --stage ff-- --> 2 cycle write port

it will save you a read port on the x-bar, and
the first stage if the ASU can't be used if we
are doing a move.

> > all bypasses before and after a register move work
> > ok now. :-)
> did you solve the problem of the 2nd bypass ?
daaaay's ago :-)

the trick is extrending the register write nr queue
with one extra level.
(that extra level is needed for the register write
anyway)

> > work, and then found that my kernel has no PPP
> > support :-(
> been there, done that, and still doesn't work
> because
> cardmgr doesn't recognize my PCMCIA modem ...
now i have to find out how to compile a module
and add it to the kernell.

jaap.