Re: [f-cpu] HDL coding rules

hello,

Just an Illusion wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After a private disussion between different member of the f-cpu list, we
> have arrive to conclude than no coding rules exist on the project.

???

that's wrong.

or maybe you mixed "coding style" and "coding rule" which in our context
are the same thing.

And in case you want to start a new unit, just copy/paste an existing
one and modify the necessary parts, while keeping the same look.

btw, i looked once at the LEON code and i think it's easier to use
F-CPU's sources. It's probably a bit confusing, but not confused.

> This point seems not very important as long as the number of coder is
> small, but to help newbies or modification of existing block, the coding
> rule usage is better.
The use of a brain (and optionally : good sense) is ok, too.

> The existance of coding rule, can be help to understand the code of a
> bloc and the hierarchical structure.
>
> We made some proposal :
>       * hierarchical prefix on each signal (and interface pad) to give
> hierarchical belonging
>       * postfix on each signal to give signal direction or polarity,
> like _i (input), _o(output), _s(internal signal), _n(not signal)...
>       * file name rule
>       * don't use signal declaration into package declaration.
>
> If you see other rules, propose them.

maybe you can look at the code and see yourself.

> Cheers,
> Just an Illusion
WHYGEE