Re: [f-cpu] Re: Rep:Re: virtually or physically-addressed cache ?

From: "Andreas Bombe"

> It would mean that all executables (not only shared libraries) would
> have to be position independent code.

Small loss, but if its really a problem segments provide an alternative
solution.

> Besides, how are you going to implement a Unix fork(), then?

The Mungi people solved that if my memory serves me (look it up yourself :).
I think they added an extra layer of indirection during compilation,
slightly messy but you only have to use it for programs which actually use
fork (again, segments could provide an alternative solution).

Marco