Re: [f-cpu] second order prefetch in FC0

hi,

Martin Devera wrote:

it's surprising but not improbable.
patents are now complex strategies and they have probably
made a string of patents to cover all parts and aspects,
rather than 1 patent describing the whole stuff,
just to be sure that there is no possibility to bypass the patent.

Also in 21264 hw
manual is no such data in cacheline ??

or maybe it was 21364.

If it is possible to do, it will probably be implemented in FC0
but i don't want to take risks.

I understand. Maybe we could ask at comp.cpu.architecture as
many people are there ...

i can access to comp.arch but comp.cpu.architecture is unknown in my server :-/

I found some citations about multi-prefetch techniques so that
maybe it is/was unpatentable prior art.

what is multiprefetch ?
is it several interleaved prefetches ?

What would be holder of patent, DEC ? And in range 1990-1992
I think.

the technique i've described is more in the 1995/1998 range.
and it's really an excellent idea, but probably too complex to do first.
a decently working cache is necessary in the beginning,
then we can enhance it ....

devik

YG