Re: [f-cpu] second order prefetch in FC0

> >I understand. Maybe we could ask at comp.cpu.architecture as
> >many people are there ...
> >
> i can access to comp.arch but comp.cpu.architecture is unknown in my
> server :-/

sorry I mean .arch. I never remember the names.

> >I found some citations about multi-prefetch techniques so that
> >maybe it is/was unpatentable prior art.
> >
> what is multiprefetch ?
> is it several interleaved prefetches ?

it is generaly technique to prefetch along multiple
pointer paths. Like to prefetch both pre and next item
along with main item. Or two prev & next.
If DEC patented its use inside of cachelines we could go
by suppoorting sw multi prefetch by some insn.
It should be tested in gcc first of course.

By the way, when we describe the idea here, can it be
taken as prior art ? So nobody can patent it ?

devik