[f-cpu] Really cheap FCore prototyping...

Dear all,

Several days I was thinking about the YG thoughts (as I recalled) "... it doesn't matter how fast it is, it does matter that it is free...", I found an interesting solution.
There are several software simulators for the FCore, but what do you say for a real HARDWARE simulator? No, don't scream, I don't mean FPGA. It's not (very) cheap, and tools are complicated. But how can one deploy the core on a hardware, without millions of dollars, or even a FPGA? There is a very cheap programmable logic, all around the world, called microcontrollers. PIC, AVR, Atmel ARM7, just name a cheap and fast RISC! To the chip can be connected some SRAM memory to extend the data storage of smaller controllers to hold enough "registers" of the emulated core. I recall - it won't be fast, but this is unique way to CREATE NOW working prototypes of our favourite core! Just imagine - portable prototypes of FCpu hanging in your pocket, working with a 3V LiIon batt, drawing about 5-15mA, and achieving 0.1 - 1 MIPS ?

Is this possible? Is the freedom just a MCU ahead :) ?
P.S.: I almost falled from the chair dreaming... :)

Best wishes to everyone!

Nikolay Dimitrov, a.k.a. PicMaster
Software Developer