Re: [f-cpu] (Code Review) Call for general/public code review

hello,

Michael Riepe wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:57:53AM +0100, Yann Guidon wrote:
> > the idea is : everyday, a new file from the F-CPU VHDL code source tree
> > is posted and discussed the following days on the list.
> > The poster will be the one who wrote the file or modified it last.
> Public review is a good idea (it's one of te core principles of the
> Open Source programming model).  Doing it one file at a time is not so
> good, IMHO.
it was an idea. If you have a better, simpler, whatever, one,
just tell us :-)

Only a few subscribers of this mailing list have read most files
and even less understand them. Posting one files a day on the list
will expose and explain every file, so lurkers can have a better
overview. This will also allow to detail stuffs that we once forgot,
remember what and whys, enhance the documentation...

A general code review becomes necessary because our code trees
are getting rather anarchic, i think. it's slowly "rotting"
and it requires continuous efforts.

btw, on the french mailing list, we started speaking about the
integer divider unit. Cedric has got an algorithm and he'll work
on it during the next weeks, i guess, starting with behavioural
dedfinitions. To simplify things, the clock will be halved locally
to avoid pipelining the 64-bit substractor...

>  Michael "Tired" Riepe <Michael.Riepe@stud.uni-hannover.de>
WHYGEE, programming where noone does...