Re: [f-cpu] License issues GPL/LGPL and Juergen Goeritz' SoC

> >From a more global (visionary? crazy?) point of view, there is no
> fundamental difference between hard- and software development; they use
> different terminologies (for historical reasons, I guess), but they both
> serve the same purpose: implementation of an algorithm.

It's not crazy at all. Since i have worked for Infineon i didn't imagine
that so much. I have worked in a team to design an interface. It's just
a very big finite state machine. But to reduice the size, we defined a
little 8bits RISC cpu (3 pipelines stages), the fsm has been written by
software used as a ROM. So we save a lot of gate. We produice a system
which is a mix of software and hardware for a typical hardware function.

Maybe you have heard about codesign ? So you defined the function of
your system and at a latest possible time you separate hardware and
software. That's the future for me.

nicO