No Subject

Hi All

I would like to try to sketch my view about the main structure of a CASE
program
and the main features I would like to see.

As I mentioned in my previous mail and in my discussion with Thomas
Fricke
(which seems to agree with me) I think
that the main structure should be something like Conceptual Graphs.
So, we should call our methodology "Concept Oriented Design".
With Conceptual Graphs as our main structure I think that we should use
as many
diagram types as we can (e.g. State Machine diagrams, Use Case diagrams,
Activity
diagrams etc.)
I think that we have to support three main domains with our diagrams:
1. Problem Domain
2. Solution Domain
3. Implementation Domain
(our tool should support an unlimited number of Domains)

For every domain we should have a group of diagrams.

I think that the most important feature will be to generate a set of
diagrams for the Implementation Domain when given a set of Diagrams for
the Solution Domain.
If we can come up with an algorithm to transform between Problem Domain
and Solution Domain it will be great.
Also, we should have :
    Generalizing Algorithm - will be used to move from Detailed Level to
Top Level.
    Specifying Algorithm - will be used to move from Top Level to
Detailed Level.

The features of integrated Network,Corba and CVS are obvious important
features but are not necessary for the
first proto-type.

A note about development process: I think that we should generate a
first proto-type which can do Conceptual Graphs,
model our proto-type with that tool and continue our development with
our tool.
In that way we can bootstrap our development and also use and check our
tool as we develop it.

chen