Re: (FC-Devel) FreeCase (fwd)

> Sure. As long as we specify all FreeCASE components to have a
> well-documented interface, like Andrey V Khavryutchenko
> allready said, FreeCASE will effectively support any scripting
> language. In other words (Matthew A Zeits') "provide hooks for any
> language".

I dont know about well-documented, but certainly well-specified :-)

> With impressive programming skills like yours
> (I really like Zircon) it will probably be no problem to
> include several nifty Tcl reportscripts in the distribution.

Flattery will get you absolutely everywhere! But yes that is the kind
of thing I'd like to contribute as well as to the portable GUI issues.

> The main point was and still is to specifically _exclude_
> reporting issues from the core of the FreeCASE problem domain
> (from an earlier posting):

Absolutely.

> Maybe stating the -now- obvious: We have a very real
> partitioning problem here. The project needs to be cut
> into pieces that can seperately be built or taken
> from somewhere else. Taking reporting out of the
> big heap is an attempt to make the big heap smaller.

I think we need to have a big list of all the *existing* candidates for
parts of the system so that we can decide on what is actually missing.
(Some things could act simply as stopgaps until such time as they could
replaced (hollow laugh, thinks of uucp....))

> BTW Lindsay: what do you think of CRC sessions over the internet?
> You did put _joint_ drawing into Zircon (Great! But I never found
> anyone to draw with :-( Nasty thing, network economics.)

This is perfectly feasable and I could probably knock something basic
out in an afternoon or two if anyone was actually interested in such a
tool! It would make an interesting CSCW project - anyone want
to discuss it with me offline?

L.
--
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Lindsay