Re: [freehaven-dev] Opps

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 02:06:49PM -0500, Brett Wooldridge wrote:
> Sorry, that link should have been:
>
> http://www.cato.org/pubs/briefs/bp-054es.html

Wow. I like it.

This is an excellent paper to point at in my section on anonymous speech
and other organizations who have "sufficiently addressed this question".

Thanks!
--Roger

And while I'm at it, any others?
Currently the section reads:

These issues are addressed in a broader scope by other
organizations, such as the ACLU (witty reference here), the
Center for National Security Studies (their papers include
``The FBI's Domestic Counterterrorism Program''{\footnote {\tt
http://www.cdt.org/policy/terrorism/cnss.FBI.auth.html}}, a description of
the FBI's current capabilities to combat terrorism), the Cato Institute
(their papers include ``Nameless in Cyberspace: Anonymity on the
Internet''{\footnote {\tt http://www.cato.org/pubs/briefs/bp-054es.html}},
a briefing paper addressing anonymous speech on the internet), Amnesty
International, the EFF, xxx. Since these issues are argued in the broader
context of free and anonymous speech in general rather than anonymous
publication specifically, we consider them outside the scope of this
document, and refer the reader to the literature from these organizations.

http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/6095/student-papers/fall95-papers/rigby-anonymity.html
appears to have some interesting material as well.
and while i'm at it,
http://alexia.lis.uiuc.edu/review/winter1997/winter.html